March 18, 2009

Baby Ballerina

When my mom ordered the recital costumes, she got one for Ella and one for Kate. These are the ones the 3 year old class will wear. The girls will hopefully make their first appearance in the Susan Allen School of Dance recital in April. If they are in good moods they will go out on stage during the grand finale. Kate will not have a problem with it-she obviously loved being in her costume(and us telling her how pretty she looked!) Ella, we'll see. When we went to Winona last week, I couldn't help but think how proud Nannie would be of her great-granddaughters. She LOVED dance and was active in the studio right up until she got sick. She would be so happy to see how my little girls loved being in the studio. She was a great teacher and a great lady. When I find myself wishing that she could be here to see my girls grow up, I remind myself that she is seeing them grow and probably had a few words with them before they came to me. :) 


Pouty ballerina.


Ella was not as excited as Kate was.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you made me cry again! You are so right about Nannie seeing them. She is proud as can be of all your children. I know that!

Amanda said...

This post almost made me cry remembering your grandmother. She did love her dance classes and all of her students. She would be as proud of Kate and Ella as she was of you and Heather. And I know she would want to hear all about Jack's latest round of golf. Your sweet granddaddy would also get a big kick out of his great grandchildren.