April 28, 2009

Texas Day 2- Space Center and a Park

Since Astrodad works at NASA we had to go to the Space Center.

While Stephen and the girls stayed back at the museum, Jack and I went on a little tour. Little did I know that it lasted 1 1/2 hours with very little access to a potty. He did great though and really liked it.


The actual Mission Control. There's not an active mission going on right now so there wasn't any action. Still neat to see, though. During our tour guide's little speech, Jack announced to everyone," I don't tink I wanna be an astonaut Mommy." 

Jack at the mock-up of the shuttle.

The ginormous Saturn 5 rocket. This used to be at the entrance to NASA but they moved it inside Rocket Park recently

After the Space Center,  we went to a beautiful park near Astrodad's house. The day before there was a horrible rainstorm that caused us to be stuck in a gas station parking lot for 2 hours thanks to a flash flood. The kids loved being able to run after being cooped up.



The kids and Aunt Eilene. She and Uncle Mike came from Goliad to visit. I really love both of them and it was so nice to see them.

It's hard to tear the boy away from the i-phone.

Obviously, the girls had about as much fun as they could handle. I think their faces say it all!

After I put the girls to bed, I heard them laughing hysterically. They were licking each other through the mesh. Shortly after, Kate had to be driven around to fall asleep. That happened for a couple of nights.


No comments: