August 6, 2009

The Dumbest Thing Anyone's Ever Said


I get all kinds of comments when I'm out with the twins and Jack- better you than me, double trouble, you've got your hands full, who's the smartest, who's the sweetest, who was born first {why does it matter?}, and on and on. Occasionally I'll get the "you're so blessed", which I am, but that is rare and it is usually said by little old ladies. But today takes the cake. While we were at the grocery store a woman came up to me and said, "Aren't little girls so much better than little boys?" With Jack standing right there! Now I don't know if he heard or even understood what she said, but still. people are dumb sometimes.

5 comments:

Candice Duffy said...

I hope you gave her the what for!!! What an idiot!

Aunt Heather said...

Wish I had been there! That lady would have really gotten a piece of my mind. In fact, I'm furious just thinking about it! I hope my sweet Jack didn't hear! He makes me think that boys are AWESOME!

Donella Jacobs said...

I wonder what they will say to us with 5 boys, especially with the oldest being 5.

Jamie said...

maybe she steped in dog poo on her way home! People kill me with their opinions...USE your (mouth) FILTER.
All of your kiddos are Beautiful!

Morgan said...

I too hear "better you than me" ALL the time when I'm out and about! I must say I've never heard the one about girls though. Honestly, if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all! :) Glad you found my blog! I'm looking forward to reading yours, especially looking back to when your girls were about 10 months like my twins are now. :)