May 5, 2010

Lura

I started babysitting for Lura when she was 6 weeks old. I never will forget the day I met her. She was wearing a pink Feltman Bros. dress and had the tiniest feet I had ever seen. I was hooked the moment I laid eyes on her. I don't think I ever put her down when I kept her-I held her constantly. When I went to nursing school I was gone during the week but when I came home on the weekends her house was the first place I went. As soon as I walked in the door she would start packing her suitcase-she was only 1 1/2 or 2 years old. She'd throw everything she owned in there, including her silver tea service! She'd spend the night at my house and we'd have the greatest time. She, her mom, Pam, and dad, Jim, became part of our family. I thought of Lura as mine. Now she's all grown up- almost 18 and graduating from high school. Since I've had a family I don't get to see her as often as I did, but I will always think of her as mine. Tears are hitting the keyboard as I type this. She's grown up way too fast. Lura, I love you very, very much. Even if you are going to Missisippi State. HA-HA! These are some pictures from a little dinner party we had to celebrate her graduation.

Lura's mom Pam.
The whole crew- me, Heather, Kristen, Pam, Mama, Lura, and Bonnie.
Lura and her roommate Bonnie.

No comments: